Organization Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible to apply for an Impact100 Greater Milwaukee grant, your organization must:
• Be recognized as a tax-exempt charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and have been operating as a 501(c)(3) for a minimum of 36 months prior to applying for the grant.
• Be located in Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington or Waukesha County. All grant monies must be used for a proposed project or program that provides services to people who live in these geographic areas.
• Your total annual revenue must be between $300,000 and $5 million per part 1, line 12 of your 990 form for each of the 3 most recently filed years.
• Have three years of independently prepared financial statements (audited or reviewed).
• Expend the full amount of the grant within 24 months of the award.
• Your organization’s corporate and charitable licenses with the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions are current at the time you submit your Letter of Inquiry.
• Submit only one application each year. An organization that has received a grant of $100,000 from Impact100 Greater Milwaukee may not reapply in the following three years.
Program or Project Eligibility Requirements
Programs or Projects eligible for the Impact100 Greater Milwaukee grant must:
• Be a capital project, new program, expansion of an existing program, or a new or expanded collaborative effort of several nonprofit organizations.
• Target a specific population for a specific duration with specific measurable goals.
• Be designated for one of the following Focus Areas: Arts & Culture, Education, Environment & Revitalization, Family, and Health & Wellness.
What Impact100 Greater Milwaukee Does Not Fund
• General operating expenses, debt reduction, operating deficits, interim or bridge funding.
• Memorials or endowments.
• Individuals or private foundations.
• Activities that are partisan, legislative or political in nature.
• Religious-focused projects or programs where the grant is for the principal benefit of the organization’s own members or adherents.
• Fund drives, annual appeals or fundraising events.
• General capital campaigns unrelated to a specific project or program.
• Legal expenses.
Do you meet our Eligibility criteria? If yes, click here.
As we continue to grow and evolve, Impact100 Greater Milwaukee reserves the right to change its
eligibility criteria without notice at any time.